Stonecore is a 5-man instance located at Deepholm. A flying mount (or a crafty summon) will be needed to discover the entrance. Earthen Ring Shaman are attempting to maintain the World Pillar and prevent it from sustaining any further damage. This is the same instance where Deathwing acquired some armor upgrades. There are 4 bosses in this instance with level ranging from 82-84. While according to the dungeon finder the item loot from instance will be of the level 272. For an idea of what to expect and strategies to employ, keep on reading.
1. First Boss Corborus
Corborus is the first boss of the Stonecore. This oversized worm has a painfully annoying ability called Dampening Wave.
Crystal Barrage 80 yards range – Deals 2060 damage every 0.5 sec to all enemies with 5 yards of the target location. Lasts 4 sec
Dampening Wave - Deals 2575 Shadow damage to all enemies with 60 yards. In addition, targets will absorb up to 400 healing. This effect stacks up to 20 times. Dispelling this effect will remove the entire stack
Strategy Guide for Corborus
1. Tank and Spank for Phase 1. Players need to move when crystal shards are being cast under their feet.
2. Healer need to actively removing all the debuff from affected players because if it is active, it will absorb 4,000 healing on normal (15,000 on heroic mode).
3. When he burrows, it is important to stay mobile so just keep moving. Corborus digs through where the party stands and if a player doesn’t move away from the debris it kicks up, they take damage and get knocked back. The adds are fairly insignificant. Repeat Phase 1 once he resurfaces.
- Key to the Endless Chamber (heroic)
- Phosphorescent Ring (heroic)
- Fist of Pained Senses (heroic)
- Cinnabar Shoulders (heroic)
- Dolomite Adorned Gloves (heroic)
Checkout the video for the strategy on Corborus
2. Second Boss Slabhide
Slabhide’s the second boss for the Stonecore. He is a stone-based dragon and you can find him a little ways after the first boss when you’ve cleared the cavern. Once you get to a certain point, you’ll discover that the path becomes sealed off. You’ll need to backtrack for a bit, and then you’ll see this dragon touch down, which triggers the start of the encounter.
Sand Blast - Deals 25000 Nature damage to all enemies in front of the caster within 15 yards
Eruption - Deals 10000 Fire damage to all enemies within 5 yards. In addition, a pool of lava forms which deals 5000 Fire damage per second to all enemies with 5 yards. Lasts 10 sec.
Lava Pool - Deals 5000 Fire damage per second to all enemies with 5 yards. Lasts 10 sec.
Strategy Guide for Slabhide
1. It takes awhile for him to spawn, but he lands in the big open area a little down the hill from where he’s first seen. When combat is initiated, the entrance/exit to this arena become barricaded. He will randomly breathe and spawn the lava circles.
2. Periodically, He disengages and flies a few meters off the ground, and chunks of the ceiling fall on players. There are shadows indicating where a stalactite will fall, so players have plenty of time to move. A fairly straightforward encounter.
- Rose Quartz Band (heroic)
- Stalagmite Dragon (heroic)
- Deep Delving Gloves (heroic)
- Quicksilver Blade (heroic)
- Hematite Plate Gloves (heroic)
Checkout the video for the strategy on Slabhide
3. Third Boss Ozruk
Ozruk is the third boss of the Stonecore. He seems to be a golem or a giant of some sort that’s made out of stone.
Ground Slam - Winds up for a viscious ground strike, dealing 89887 damage to all enemies within 8 yards of the impact location. 3 sec cast.
Spike Shield - Causes spikes to errupt from Ozruk’s body. Any melee attacks made against Ozruk while under this effect causes the attacker to bleed for 500 damage every second for 3 sec. This effect stacks up to 20 times. Lasts 10 sec.
Elementium Bulwark - Charges the elementium plates grafted onto Ozruk, causing them to have a 20% chance to reflect spells for 10 sec.
Spike Barrage - Launches the spikes protruding from Ozruk into surrounding enemies, dealing 30000 damage to all enemies within 15 yards. This damage is not reduced by armor.
Enrage – Increases damage dealt by 50%
Elementium Spike Shield – Causes spikes to errupt from Ozruk’s body. Any melee attacks made against Ozruk while under this effect causes the attacker to bleed for 0 damage per second for 3 sec. This effect stacks up to 20 times. Lasts 10 sec.
Shatter 2.5 sec cast - Launches the spikes protruding from Ozruk into surrounding enemies, dealing 28275 to 31725 damage to all enemies within 0 yards. This effect is not reduced by armor.
Strategy Guide for Ozruk
1. Try to pull him forward to the narrowest part of the hallway behind him then tank him backed against one of the walls.
2. When he does the knockback ability, the tank won’t be thrown away. When he is charging Ground Slam, move directly through him to the other side, backed against the other wall.
- Sword of the Bottomless Pit (heroic)
- Pendant of the Lightless Grotto (heroic)
- Tendrils of the Burrowing Dark (heroic)
- Belt of the Ringworm (heroic)
Checkout the video for the strategy on Ozruk
4. Final Boss High Priestess Azil
High Priestess Azil is the fourth and the final boss of the Stonecore. She won’t be alone, as her group of followers will sporadically stream in;but the good news is they’re really easy to kill, though.
Curse of Blood - Increases the target’s Physical damage taken by 1000 for 15 sec.
Energy Shield - Deals 15000 Arcane damage to all enemies within 5 yards, knocking them back. In addition, the caster becomes surrounded by an energy shield. This shield reduces all damages taken by 75% and allows the caster to fly.
Gravity Well – Summons an area of crushing gravity. Any friendly or enemy units caught within 0 yards will be pulled towards the center. This spell deals persistent damage to all enemies within range, causing more damage the closer the target is to the center of the effect. Lasts 20 sec.
Force Grip - Capture the target in a field of energy, lifting them up into the air before slamming them into the ground. Each time the target is slammed into the ground they take 20000 damage. This damage is not reduced by armor. Last 5 sec.
Seismic Shard - Rips a chunk of earth from the ground and hurls it towards a random player’s location. When the rock impacts this location any friendly or enemy unit within 5 yards will take 34999 damage.
Strategy Guide for High Priestess Azil
1. She will cast energy shield any time she is flying or up on the ledge. Ranged can still DPS her, but damage is greatly reduced.
2. Throughout the encounter, adds will join the fight in packs of 3. They have very low HP and hit for almost nothing, so they aren’t too much of a threat.
3. When she is on the ground and engaged, the tank will spend most of his/her time force gripped. When not grabbed, the tank should keep clear of the dark areas on the ground. DPS are encouraged to interrupt Force Grip.
4. The rest of the group should attempt to position themselves so a Dark Portal is between them and the add spawn areas, so that the adds are easily kited into the portals and die almost instantly.
5. Periodically, she will fly back up to the ledge and begin throwing rocks at players. It takes her a long time to throw one, and there is a circle on the ground indicating where it will land, so it isn’t too difficult to dodge.
- Leaden Despair (heroic)
- Prophet’s Scepter (heroic)
- Slippers of the Twilight Prophet (heroic)
- Darkling Staff (heroic)
- Tear of Blood (heroic)
- Book of Dark Prophecies (heroic)
- Cowl of the Unseen World (heroic)
- Elementium Fang (heroic)
- Helm of Numberless Shadows (heroic)
- Magnetite Mirror (heroic)
Checkout the video for the strategy on Azil