Playing World of Warcraft: Cataclysm with your iPad? I guess many still scratching their head on how could this be possible. We at 24SevenPost.com also been pondering on the question until we finally found out the way to do it. From our study, there are actually 3 possible way you could run your WoW on the iPad. Please read through the 3 possible ways below:
1. The Blizzard Way
For your information, Blizzard has announced that its third World of Warcraft expansion Cataclysm will be available exclusively on the iPad for the first 30 days after it is release!
Some of the announced feature for iPad included:
- Players will be able to play the game at a much lower resolution that normally required. Everything will be fully fit in the on-screen keyboard, while the players are able to see everything but at an incredible 1/7th the average size.
- No more pesky macros or hot keys to worry about, combat is simplified to /chatting and single attacks with close range weapons, which is done by single hard presses to the screen.
- No more frustrating Addons. Blizzard has removed all Addons from the game!
“We’re really excited about this exclusive release, and we think Bright Wizards everywhere are going to share in our joy as we sell lots of units to to a segment of gamers we know a lot about!”
Commented by Steve Jobs during an interview
2. Streaming Technology through Cloud Server System
Game designer and Shiny Entertainment founder Dave Perry has claimed that it is possible to run the WoW on iPad through his Gaikai cloud server system which connected over a standard WiFi interface.
Gaikai’s technology provide the streaming video games service over the internet where the user could host the entire retail copies of popular games like World of Warcraft and streaming them directly to users’ computers and handheld devices such as iPad. For hardcore World of Warcraft raiding guilds, this could mean an end to bathroom breaks so be prepare guys!
3. Using Remote Desktop Application from everyAir
EveryAir is a remote desktop application that was designed to to be fast enough to handle games. The team designer believe that touch interfaces can be a suitable replacement for mouse and keyboard in some WoW’s gaming scenarios. They aim to make a complex games such as WoW’s Cataclysm playable via the iPad touch interfaces.
Check out the smart way to play WoW from iPad with everyAir application below:
Interesting isn’t it, seem that you could maximize all your available time slot for the leveling in the the WoW’s latest Cataclysm and you could still leveling up while you are in rest room!